Remember how we’ve been going on about how well the Nintendo Switch has been selling? Well, it’s gotten even better! In the US over Thanksgiving week (November 24th to November 30th), with combined sales reaching over 830,000 units. That makes 17.5 million units sold in the Americas alone… that’s crazy!
Cyber Monday also saw some amazing sales spikes, being the best Cyber Monday the Switch has had since launch. Nintendo were nice enough to also share some sales data for a few key games in the Americas since their respective launches:
- Mario Kart 8: 8.5 million units sold
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 8 million units sold
- Super Mario Odyssey: 6.5 million units sold
- Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield: 3 million units sold
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: 1.5 million units sold
And it’s not just the Americas where the Nintendo Switch is selling like hotcakes. In Japan, Nintendo has sold 10.4 million units, which is significant considering that Sony’s PlayStation 3 sold 10.25 million units since its launch back in 2006. The Switch has sold 3.5 million units in Japan this year, overtaking last year’s sales numbers with time to spare.
Source 1: Nintendo PR Source 2