For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at Chained Echoes. This game is heavily inspired by RPGs from the SNES glory days. Here’s their description:
Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech. Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits. Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes. Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?
- 20-25 hours of play time
- Fast paced turn-based battles
- No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
- Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
- Complex skill and equipment system
- Customize your own airship
- Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
- 16-bit SNES style graphics
- Music inspired by PSX RPGs
Chained Echoes has an estimated release date of September 2021. They’re goal is to reach €60,000 and they are currently at €40,196 from 1,351 backers with 16 days remaining. However, the Nintendo Switch version is a stretch goal that requires €80,000. So if you’d like to play Chained Echoes on the Nintendo Switch, you know what you have to do.
Does Chained Echoes look appealing to you? Let us know in the Comments section below.